Monday 23 January 2012

Laughter Lives Here - Quirky?

I am all about being able to laugh at yourself and finding the funny side to every situation. Some situations do not have a funny side, no matter which angle you look at it, but many situations do. I like to think that if you can't laugh at yourself once in a while, then life gets a bit boring. Sometimes, the funny side is not evident until it is well and truly over.

I have a few habits or quirks that raise a few smirks in our house. I'm not sure if they fall into the OCD category (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) as I have never been assessed. I like to think they are my little preferences and traits that are part of me. I surely do not want to make light of the condition of OCD, as I agree it is serious, and sometimes debilitating condition. The following is just the humour I can see from my own quirky ways.

I can not walk past a crooked picture without correcting it.
I like all of the cup handles in the cupboard to face the same direction.
I would prefer clothes hanging next to each other on the line not to clash in colour, and they must hang straight.
I like even numbers and things to be grouped evenly.
I am also particular about the way the dishwasher is stacked, and will completely rearrange it if it is not to my standard.
I like cupboard doors to be shut, not ajar or wide open. (Our lined cupboard door has never shut properly which annoys me every time I see it).

What are your quirky preferences, likes and dislikes that raise comments or an eyebrow? Please tell me there is someone else out there like me.

 So, what's making you laugh lately? Has somebody done or said something that has given you a good giggle? Add your funny post to the list below (and please try to follow the theme and not just link up a random post) and pretty-please add a link back to my blog. Then pop over to visit other bloggers who are spreading a little sunshine. The Laughter Lives Here Link will be open Monday to Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Bordering on OCD? lol. I can't stand noise from more than one source at the same time. Drives me crazy! x

    ReplyDelete