Sunday 1 January 2017

2017 and I'm Back!

2016 sucked in many ways for our family but we have come out the other side. 

We watched a close, beloved family member struggle through illness, which took their life. A friend also took their own life a few months later. We were sideswiped by a health scare in our home from which we have hopefully recovered and learned from. My anxiety built and crescendoed as a result of these experiences, and threatened to overwhelm me. I took actions to overcome it and kept working with the tools I have armed myself with.

Throughout 2016, much of my routine has gone by the wayside. The events we were experiencing took up a great deal of our time and energy. I thought many times about writing but found I had no motivation to do so, and little concentration and inspiration to get any words down.

It has been a struggle to remember that good things also happened for us in 2016, as the bad often overshadows the good, but they did. Not only did we make it through to the other side, the children had a great year at school, despite the events. We enjoyed time with friends and family, and celebrated two major birthdays and many minor ones. We did our best to still attend to the volunteering we had already committed to. Hubby and I worked hard for our employers and are thankful for another year in employment. 

Regardless, I am glad for a new year and a fresh start. 

Onward and upward!


No comments:

Post a Comment